Wednesday, July 1, 2015

When You Want to Be Under the Basket

This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine!

……..tomorrow.

I, for one, confess that I want to totally disregard Matthew 5:15:

“No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket.”

Me! I want to be under the basket Lord! It’s really scary out here…



And it’s 115 degrees.

And I’m 8 months pregnant.

Ice cream is probably for dinner.

And God, NO ONE IS LISTENING.

No one wants to hear!

It’s all a bunch of NOISE.

And, then, in the quiet still voice of the Father, “But, Kaitlin, there are people listening. They’re watching you. They’re depending on you. Their names are Braylon, Zachary, Oscar and the newest daughter I have placed in your womb.”

Oh. Right. *tears*

Them.

As the world marches mindlessly forward to destroy the family as defined by Our Creator we must be certain that we are not helping it.

To paraphrase my pastor from this weekend: “You want sanctified families and marriages? Have a sanctified marriage and family.”

It seems too small compared to the roaring fire.

God is in the small. 

God specializes in those who FEEL small and meek and like they under dogs.

That’s us.

But that is what the world wants us to feel and think.

That is all perception and lies.

The Truth? When God is with us, we are anything but quiet and hidden. 

Our GOD is a consuming fire. 

I’m not whispering the stories from the Bible to my children as they lie in our bed.

I am shouting with the aid of thousands of Heavenly Hosts the Word of God into their souls, which have eternal value in the eyes of God.

When I pray over my children it is not silent.

It is a clamoring declaration against all principalities that these children belong to HIM.

I’m not walking around with a basket over me, even though I can pretend like I am.

The Bible says I am a light, a city on a hill, which CANNOT and WILL NOT be hidden.

We are NOT the underdogs.

We need to stop acting like it.

“All we can do now is pray.”


Damn straight. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and yours and mine and all. Great post!

    ReplyDelete