Monday, March 23, 2015

Proverbs 3:15

So, if you’re remotely part of the whole “mommy” online community, you’ve heard that in a recent interview new mommy Eva Mendes (never married) “joked” that sweatpants were the number 1 reason for divorce in America.

She, and her fiancé, have since back-paddled tremendously both in social media forums and “in person.”

A million blogs have been written shouting that “sweatpants are comfy!” and “not everyone has a stylist.”

But this “slip of the tongue,” goes so much deeper.

Seriously, if EVA MENDES has to worry about “looking good” to keep her man, we are all SOL.



Like, I stand no chance.

Luckily, my worth as a wife and as a mother, goes so much deeper.

My worth as a wife revolves around Our Creator and who He says I am in my marriage with my husband.

My worth as a mother revolves God’s image placed into His creation (and constant development) of who I am.

I am more than my job and even my parenting skills and even who I am and what I “contribute” on my very best days.

I am certainly more than what my clothing says I am.

I am worth far more precious than rubies, the Bible says. (Proverbs 3:15)

And THAT, Hollywood, is the Truth.

So the next time you try and scare me into “pleasing my man” to keep him.

You can simply keep that to yourself.

I picked a man who picked a partner and committed himself to me as God as our witness.

Even on days when I wear sweatpants.

And those sweatpants aren’t even clean.

And I’m eating a “share size” Snickers bar while wearing them. With zero intention to share.

Because I was married and said promises with no other agenda but to try and please the living God, and as a glorious byproduct, enjoy a pretty kick-ass marriage.


2 comments: