Monday, October 13, 2014

Nothing to Say

Right now I feel like I have nothing to say.
I feel discouraged in my own life and, therefore, I feel like I cannot make a wave.
Or even a teeny tiny ripple.
Thankfully, our ability to create a shift in the cosmos, however small or large, is not up to our individual abilities or charisma or “It Factor.”

Our ability to change the world we wade in today rests solely in who our Father is.

You’ve probably seen those images that look like this:

But it’s so true.
The Bible is not filled with awesome, perfect people who God “makes better.”

The Bible is filled with wrecked, perverse, struggling, challenged, stubborn, rude, straight up wicked (& not the good way), horrible-no-good-very-bad people.

He takes those people and he doesn’t clean them up and put them in new clothes and slap a smile on their face and send them out.

He takes those people and he gives them new life.
He makes them a whole.new.creation.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)

Which leads me to one of my most favorite verses in the Bible:

As for me, may I never boast about anything except the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died.  (NLT)
Galatians 6:14

I didn’t “wake up” one day and decide to save myself.

I wrecked myself.

Really, really badly.

And He said, “That’s not your name.”

And I cried out to Him, and He saved me.

Me.

This may not make much sense to those of you who have only known me in the last 7 years. This “me” is all you’ve known.

But for those of you who knew me before I was saved, the transformation has been.so.dramatic.

I was a drunk. I was a mess. 

I gave my heart and body away.

I was forgotten. I was alone. 

I was abandoned. I was fatherless.

I was self defeating and self justifying. I was self righteous.

I was probably really annoying. And ungrateful. 

And rude. And harsh.

And now, through the amazing grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have come home.

And I’ll be here forever more.

Please let me know if you’re interested in learning how to cry out to the Lord just as I did.

It.will.change.your.life.

There’s no way for it not to.

I am not Kaitlin 2.0.

I am Kaitlin + Jesus. 

A whole new creation.

You don’t need to be good.

You only need to be willing. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this. . GOD is so good and chooses us! What a great thing. Go Kaitlin+Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete