Friday, September 26, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect

Hello, my name is Kaitlin and I’m extremely type A and super, duper (almost compulsively) clean.

Everything has a place and everything should BE in its place.

 True story: When my mother put me in time-out in my room she would actually have to add, “And you CANNOT clean your room while you’re in here!”

 And then… the Lord gave me three beautiful…messy, loud, rambunctious, sticky, gooey, chaotic sons.

 In a little under four years.

While I was trying to get ready for work this morning, wiping my boots with baby wipes in hopes of passing them off as “work appropriate,” I saw my pre-schooler mopping (not sweeping or picking up) cooked rice that had exploded all over the kitchen (yes, before 8:00AM).

 My two-year-old was putting ripped up pieces of a magazine in between every single page of a book I had left out very, seemingly, dastardly and with great mad scientist like attention.

 And the baby was pretty much just running around in his diaper gleefully displacing anything that was kind-of, sort-of, maybe in its place. I sighed on the couch.

 And then, I heard my Jesus tell me to look closer. That things of this world are not as they seem.

 That if I looked with HIS eyes at this situation that I would see something very different.

 See when Jesus looks at me (a messy, loud, rambunctious, sticky, gooey, chaotic, MESS) he sees perfection (that's called grace: undeserved righteousness).

 And so maybe, just maybe, perfection isn't perfect at all.

 Maybe, just maybe, the perfect is in the mess.

 My home is filled with two loving parents and three messy adorable sons.

 And that’s, just, well, perfect, but only when it isn't.

 Colossians 1:21-23New King James Version (NKJV) 21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—




1 comment:

  1. This day this moment is Grace! love you, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete