Friday, February 3, 2012

Five Minute Friday: "REAL"

I am joining The Gypsy Mama with her weekly Five Minute Friday.

Today's word is...real.

What is true is what is real. As a previous philosophy major, I had contemplated and struggled over a definition of Truth for countless semesters, papers, and dense readings.

It was not until I entered the church in my current city that my pastor gave me a completely amazing (&, in my mind, final) definition of Truth.

Truth is reality according to God.

Truth is reality according to God's timeline and God's vision and God's reality.

When you are in accordance with God's word, you are in accordance with the TRUE reality.

When you are in opposition of God's word, you are in your own reality, a dis-reality, consumed by the World's lie.

For God's perspective is the only perspective that matters.



5 comments:

  1. wow. what poignant easy to swallow truths. Thanks for that today. I don't wanna be in the matrix...I wanna be in Gods reality. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this: "When you are in opposition of God's word, you are in your own reality, a dis-reality, consumed by the World's lie.
    For God's perspective is the only perspective that matters." How beautifully true your words are! So often, I shroud myself in my own selfish reality. And that is when the lies and criticism are loudest. Trying to break free and be real! Thanks for stopping by my site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's perspective truly is what matters! Great definition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great definition, "Truth is reality according to God." Thanks so much for sharing that. My high school senior son plans to be a philosophy major. He struggles with and contemplates concepts like truth, meaning and reality. You probably understand how his minds works better than I do!

    ReplyDelete