Thursday, January 19, 2012

God Sent Me A Used Vacuum



God sent me a used vacuum. EXCITED!

Our vacuum broke. I have toddler, lots of carpet space, and, albeit, a little bit of a heightened cleaning “inclination.”

I do not have the money to buy a new vacuum right now.

I wanted to put off the purchase of a vacuum until I could receive my tax return.

But even then, I have a few other larger items I need to purchase before a certain somebody joins the Evans’ family (our soon-to-be arriving second baby boy).

Stressed out; I turned to God.

I threw out a request on Facebook for a vacuum to borrow until I could purchase one and also asked around at work.

Nothing.

Forgot about it almost.

Moved on.

Counted myself out a prayer.

But God didn’t.

Many days later, I received a random, unsolicited text from my sister-in-law that her mother-in-law knew I was looking for a vacuum and that she was purchasing a new vacuum the next day. Her “old” vacuum worked well still and was mine if I wanted it.

All smiles.

In a world of so many evils and hurts and sorrows it almost seems silly to be so excited and thankful over receiving a used vacuum.

But, God knows it isn’t just a vacuum.

It’s a reminder that…
a)      God provides / But my God shall supply all your need according o His riches in glory by Christ Jesus Philippians 4:19
b)      God never forgets even your smallest worries and struggles / He remembers his covenant forever, the word He commanded, for a thousand generations Psalm 105:8
c)      Even when you count God out, He counts Himself in / Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies Psalm 36:5

It’s a great day to be God’s child and to Trust in the Lord.

~~~***see the previous post for information on how to enter a $20.00 giveaway to one of my favorite sites Dayspring just for reading my blog!***~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment