Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Broken to Saved

For the last few years I was really not so excited about who I was when I was 18.

...Or 19....Or 20.

It was a rough few years (to say the very least).

It was lonely and depressing and heartbreaking and miserable.

Those years are a part of me that I would really love to forget.

Or would I?

I cannot even remember my train of thought driving in my car the other day.

Regardless, I can remember I had one of those really cool (God-given) epiphanies.

Maybe those years are what is most beautiful about who I am today.

For, if it’s true that what is most beautiful about me is what Jesus does through me, then surely the stark contrast of 19-year-old Kaitlin and 24-year-old Kaitlin is nothing but a pure and remarkable image of the glorious goodness of God.

And that’s something I can be excited about.

I was broken and lost and over the last four years, I can just feel myself coming together in wholeness through nothing but the amazing grace of Jesus Christ.

If God can take distracted, drunk, messy, broken 19-year-old Kaitlin and turn her into happily married, focused, hardworking, mother of one and one-to-be 24-year-old Kaitlin, in just FIVE years, I am eternally excited to see what He can do in the next five years (Ten years. Twenty five years).

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

In both pictures I am smiling.

This picture?




I was 19, pretty drunk (pretty typical), at a large party (lonely), woke up in the neighbor’s pool (ugh).

This picture?




Me and Jesus. J


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! That comment totally made my day. :)

      God is good. Happy Wednesday!

      Delete