Friday, January 20, 2012

Blog Sprint: "Vivid"

A Five Minute Blog “Sprint” (no editing/five minutes only): Vivid

I am joining The Gypsy Mama for "Five Minute Friday"

What do I think about when I think about the word “Vivid?”

First, let’s be honest, for some reason I thought about Vivian. You know, Vivian Banks, Will’s mom from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

But I digress…

When I think about the word “vivid” I think about wonderfully vivid colors swirling around in a cosmic abyss.

Vividness, in my brain and understanding, is equated with clarity and beauty.

Perhaps it’s another way to describe the way my perceptions of the world are changing as I grasp onto and grow deeper into learning more and more about our Savior.

Slowly, but surely, my world view (both globally and inwardly) is becoming less foggy and more and more vivid (clear and beautiful).

Decisions are becoming clearer; self-worth and self-esteem becoming more beautiful.

Instead of looking up a Bible verse with the word “vivid,” I just googled for a verse containing the word “clarity.”

Surprisingly (or not surprisingly?) I came across a section in Proverbs:

Proverbs 2:2-6

2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Looking for the beauty and the clarity that God can provide your understanding of the world, will turn your each and every day and how you relate with your world from murkiness to vividness.
Come out from under the haze, into the sun!

4 comments:

  1. "...my perceptions of the world are changing as I grasp onto and grow deeper into learning more and more about our Savior."

    I love this. And I pray that this will be true of me also. That I would learn to see the world the way He sees the world, with the same kind of love and compassion.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!! Love the verse. I should have included it in my post. Love it. Vivid. Blessings from 5 Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivid also reminds me of clarity. As I go on in my walk with Christ, I find my vision getting much clearer. I'm thankful that He shows me new things each day :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out from the haze. Into the Light. Yes, ... Your words minister to me today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete