Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Lie




“You Lie” is an awesome new song by The Band Perry, one of my new FAVORITE bands.

For some reason though, this song struck a different cord in my heart yesterday.

The words “Prince of Lies” popped into my head; which got me thinking two things.

#1) Isn’t it cool how Satan is never the KING of anything? He’s always the PRINCE of Darkness, the PRINCE of lies, etc. Satan is never the KING of anything, because we have another King.

#2) The lyrics, “it just comes way too natural to you, the way you lie” really resonated with me. Satan is a SUPER duper good liar. He is the ultimate natural liar.

I started thinking about the lies that annoying serpent has put on my heart lately…

You cannot be happy following God’s plan for you. God’s plan is boring and all you’re going to do is sit around and pray. That’s not fun! Some Father he is, says he wants the best for you…then why aren’t you happy??

The song changed then to Miranda Lambert “Heart Like Mine” and the truth was poured out.

‘Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine
And I bet we’d get along just fine
He could calm a storm and heal the blind
And I bet he’d understand a heart like mine


How TRUE! If God can seriously perform MIRACLES on the least deserving, and most complicated of issues, SURELY he can understand a frustrated newlywed first time mommy.

So, I say, SHHH you slithering serpent! You will not steal away the happiness that has been laid before me by the one we call KING (you lowly Prince). And, furthermore, you’re the worst kind of Prince. You’re not like a prowling furry singing prince who someday will be king like Simba. You will NEVER be King. MUAHAHAHAHAH.

SO BUTT OUT.

Thanks, the team of which the victory has been won

And there ain’t a single darn thing you can do about it.





P.S. Thanks Becca for the CD!

2 comments:

  1. haha love this! anytime sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should change "OMG" to "OOG". Cause he's not just my God.. He's Everyone's God. O Our God? Much better ;)

    ReplyDelete